REQUEST FREE TRIAL
Fields with * required. Your privacy is important to us.
Analysis & market implications of crude-by-rail movements in North America
Gain insight into the market with the industry's most comprehensive crude-by-rail data
Genscape's PetroRail Report includes fundamental rail loading and unloading volume data, forward-looking and trend market analysis, and spot assessments for U.S. crude benchmarks. Additionally, the report provides the price of Bakken at the rail terminal, loaded onto pipeline, and at North Dakota’s most active crude hub in Beaver Lodge, ND. Genscape assesses the crude tank-car leasing markets for unheated 30,000 gallon, unheated 31,800 gallon, and coiled and insulated 29,000 gallon rail car models, plus provides monthly information on tank car storage rates.
Genscape's proprietary monitors are able to track the number of trains moving and the number of cars per train, resulting in a highly accurate calculation of crude volumes. The movement of crude on rail cars became a key component of the oil supply chain in tandem with the North Dakota Bakken shale boom, but the view of the movements remain opaque.
The PetroRail Report includes:
- Market information
- Analysis of fundamental developments
- Calculated producer netbacks
- Rail freight costs
- Price assessments
- Genscape rail delivered crude price assessments
- Rail-car leasing rates
- Crude differential assessments
- Fundamental data
- Rail loading volumes
- Rail unloading volumes
- Key pipeline flows
- A weekly newsletter with the information that will help develop new trading strategies, identify competitors' economics and determine the price of the marginal barrel
- A daily newsletter updating rail loading and pipeline flows in the Bakken producing region, as well as crude-by-rail receipts at two key St. James, LA, unloading facilities
Please fill out the form on the right to request a free trial of Genscape's PetroRail Report.