DOWNLOAD FREE WHITE PAPER
Fields with * required. Your privacy is important to us.
Take more informed positions and identify opportunities within new market environments using real-time, proprietary data
After almost two decades of concerted integration effort by the European electricity markets, consumers in Europe are starting to enjoy the intended benefits. However, increased cross-border trade that does not incorporate physical realities of the transmission grid has led to more problems with unplanned electricity flows across the continent.
This paper investigates unplanned flows in the CEE region and how Flow Based Market Coupling (FBMC) could be an effective measure to alleviate the issues associated with them.
5 Key Takeaways From this White Paper:
- Understand the impacts and benefits of the ongoing European Energy Market Integration
- Read about the impact on infrastructure and ability to manage internal power flows due to flaws of the current market design
- Gain insight into the effect of unscheduled transit and loop flow issues in CEE
- Discover proposed initiatives and measures, including Flow Based Market Coupling
- Learn about the importance of transparency and real-time market data to help inform decision making and identify new opportunities
Genscape offers a unique solution for the new market design by filling in the gaps in missing public data and illustrating a historical relationship between commercial and actual power flows. Findings of this paper are beneficial for understanding the issues of cross-border electricity trade in Europe while limited use of technical terms provides for those less specialised and is hence targeted at a wider audience.
Click here to learn more or request a free trial of Genscape's real-time power platform for Europe.
Feel free to reach out to email@example.com with any questions.